Discover Twenty Principles for Enduring Peace in Times of Tribulation
Robert Rite (7/31/16) – There is a peace that persists, even despite all of the tribulations of today. I am not talking about the artificial peace offered by this world. I am talking about a divine inner peace, a heavenly peace that sustains us even during times of great trial. Let’s review 20 principles for lasting peace:
1) Philippians 4:7 – teaches that “the peace of God transcends all understanding.” Heavenly peace is a state of tranquility or quietness of spirit that transcends all circumstances.
2) James 4:8 – reveals that the closer we draw to God, the more of His peace we can enjoy.
3) Psalm 24:3–4 reveals that those with a pure heart, and who do not trust in the idols and false gods of this age are those who experience divine peace.
4) Jesus is the way to lasting peace (John 14:27)
5) We come into the presence of the Lord through His Son Jesus Christ (John 14:6). The presence of Jesus Christ in us – is true peace.
6) When we allow Jesus’ death and resurrection to purchase our forgiveness from God, we are counted as righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21), and this righteousness is what releases divine peace.
7) God’s grace and peace grows in our knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord (Hebrews 10:22; 1 Peter 1:2; Ephesians 3:18–19; Romans 8:38–39).
8) We must trust in God, which means that we have set our hearts to believe God, whatever the price.
9) Faith creates peace. When we choose worry rather than faith, we cannot live in peace (Matthew 6:34; Luke 12:29; Philippians 4:6; Romans 8:6). Worry is the enemy of peace.
10) Cast your cares upon Him and then let go of them (1 Peter 5:7).
11) Understand that as you mature in your walk with the Lord, peace and joy will be multiplied to you.
12) A carnally minded person is one who is self-interested, self-indulgent, and self-sufficient. There is no peace in the selfish life. Living in sin steals Godly peace.
13) Put God in the center of your life. Do the will of Christ.
14) Ministering to others creates mutual inner peace
15) Godly peace is like our spiritual thermometer. We can identify when we are doing God’s will when we sense God’s peace about a certain matter (Colossians 3:15)
16) Lack of peace in our life is a warning that we may be living outside of God’s will for us.
17) Divine peace replaces anxiety, confusion, panic, fear and anger (which are all from the devil).
18) Let’s focus on God in all that you do
19) Trust in God and only Him
20) Meditate daily on His Word (Psalm 119:165). The word of God (bible) is spiritual food for the soul.
Now let’s review several bible passage’s that support these 20 principles, and that we should commit to memory so that we can recall and recite them whenever we experience the tribulations of this life.
God is the Author of Peace
1 Corinthians 14:33
“For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.”
God promises Peace to His People
“The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace.”
“You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”
“…and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Jesus imparted divine peace while on Earth
And He said to her, “Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”
So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
Everlasting Peace can only Come from the Prince of Peace
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
God’s peace is a supernatural peace that does not come from nor depends on worldly circumstances, because it operates outside the confines of our dimension.
As I wrote in my article ‘They Cry Peace, Peace, but there is no Peace”, when we are endowed with God’s peace, the spirit of man become indestructible; it can endure all the reigns of terror!
True peace comes in knowing that the kingdom of God is here and now in us,
with the promise of even greater peace and joy to come!
If you found this message enlightening, consider a FREE subscription to my prophecy alerts newsletter. Subscribe below…