Over the past decade we have experienced the Worst Period for Natural Disasters In World History
– but is it “Global Warming” or a –
Warning from God ?
Robert Rite (1/21/2016): In the past few years America has experienced weather patterns that have been so extreme that there is no way it could be defined as normal. Strange would be a better term. One day it’s warm and sunny, and the next day it’s cold and rainy. In the Northeast here in the USA for example, In 2012, we had the warmest spring on record in America. A year later, we had the coldest spring on record. In 2011, there was record flooding on the Mississippi and Missouri. In 2012 a massive drought managed to create a record-low involving these very same rivers. In 2013, the cycle reverted back to flooding. In 2015/2016 here in the Northeast (USA), and perhaps other areas, it seems as if the spring season has all but vanished. Winter seems to start later and it overlaps into the spring season so that spring “the season of joy” seems to have become a fond memory of the past.
There are many more examples of freak weather phenomena throughout the USA and the World:
– The tornado that hit the town of Moore, Oklahoma recently with winds of up to 200 mph was one of the most destructive tornadoes in American history.
– In 2011, we had the worst Tornado outbreak in our nation’s history. We didn’t just set one or two records we established a whole series on new milestones for tornado activity. After all that deadly weather in 2011, the next year was the quietest year on record for the Midwest. Some states set records for not seeing a single tornado.
– Giant sinkholes are appearing at an unprecedented rate, recently in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
– In one housing division out in California…a 600-square-foot garage broke from a house and the entire property – manicured lawn and all – dropped 10 feet below the street. Soon the homes on both sides collapsed as the ground gave way in the Spivey’s neighborhood in Lake County, about 100 miles north of San Francisco.
– Earthquakes are becoming more frequent and more powerful.
– we have experienced 6 of the 10 worst years for wildfires ever recorded in the United States since 2000, not to mention the devastating forest fire in Canada in 2016.
– Until recently, the western U.S. experienced its worst drought since the days of the Great Depression.
– The “Ring of Fire” continues to heat up. Over the past few years, there have been major earthquakes in almost every area.
– We also see escalating volcanic activity causing disruptions in air travel, among other effects. It has sent up ash as high as 22,000 feet.
– Then there is record snow. recently in cities such as Rapid City, S.D., Duluth, Minn., and Boulder, Colo., have all endured their snowiest month ever, recorded. (In all three locations, weather records go back more than 100 years.) In total, there were more than 1,100 snowfall records and 3,400 cold records have been set across the nation. In Arkansas, for the first time ever, they experienced snow in the month of May.
– Once upon a time, a Hurricane in the north east was considered unlikely perhaps a 200-year event. That is before hurricane Sandy caused wide-scale destruction as it slammed into the East Coast of the U.S. The NYC Subway System was flooded in the worst disruption in its 108 years of operation. Long gas lines erupted as deliveries to refineries were stalled. A record high water level of 13.88 feet was set at the Battery Park point, breaking the oldest official record of 10.02 feet. Sandy’s central pressure bottomed out at 940 millibars, setting a record for the lowest pressure of an Atlantic storm north of Cape Hatteras, NC. Sandy was the largest land-falling Atlantic tropical cyclone, which had tropical storm force winds extending out to 600 miles.
– Tropical Storm Irene was a bad storm, but it has been wiped from everyone’s memory by Hurricane Sandy.
– The past few years have been the deadliest in more than a generation. Earthquakes, heat waves, floods, volcanoes, super typhoons, blizzards, landslides, and droughts killed more than 260,000 people.
– There has been some effort to blame all this strange weather on what was once called global warming but now operates under the name climate change. Environmentalists argue that greenhouse gasses are causing the earth to warm up. They even claim that the recent extremely cold weather is related to global warming.
– Notwithstanding, the frequency and gravity of escalating disasters is alarming! – Do you remember way, way back in March of 2011 when Japan suffered its worst recorded earthquake in its history? And do you remember way, way, way, way back in January of 2010 when 250,000 people were killed by another quake that struck Haiti? In the past century, you could go more than a decade without seeing an earthquake of any great significance; not anymore!
– The frequency of earthquakes has grown so overwhelming, that those who study this realm are alarmed. According to a report in Ready News there were over 49 volcano eruptions in just 2012!
What is Really Behind these Atmospheric Anomalies?
I think Bible prophecy is the only way to account for the oddities of Mother Nature. God warned that one of the calling cards of the Tribulation hour would be an increase in weather anomalies. The on-and-off pattern may be God trying to get Man’s attention. Since that doesn’t seem to be working, I look for the warning signs to be replaced by judgment.
In 2014 and 2015 there was a series of 4 blood moons all occuring in Hebrew feast days (God’s appointed feast days). Lunar eclipses do occur frequesntly but very rarely do 4 of them (a tetrad) occur in rapid succession on Jewish high holy feast days. These are clearly signs from God warning that something big is about to happen (Read: “Blood Moons Rising“).
Could the following passage on heavenly signs refer to what just occurred in 2014 and 215?
“And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars…“ (read Luke 21:25-26).
“As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. ‘Tell us,’ they said, ‘when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?’ Jesus answered: ‘Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, “I am the Messiah,” and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains’” (Matthew 24:3-8 NIV).
I firmly believe the “birth pang” prophecy is the reason we are seeing so many events that are being labeled as a 100 + year weather phenomena.
The apostle Peter also spoke very passionately of these last days concerning the kingdom of God on earth, “…And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Acts 2:17-21) He used a Greek word for “last-eschatos” and the meaning is “most remote,” “extreme,” or the “last of the last.” It is evident that we are there.
The Bible has promised that this coming judgment will be overwhelming to the unprepared multitudes: “Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.” (Luke 21:26)
Our moon is the heavenly body that determines the tides of the oceans. When the moon starts to convulse the earthly water tables will follow suit. The Son of God told us this would occur. “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring.” (Luke 21:25) The East and West coasts of America may certainly experience tsunamis that will devastate entire major cities. We are talking about a time when the supreme powers of the heavens will no longer be a subject for jest and debate. Atheists will either curse and swear or repent and turn to prayer. Soon, there will no longer be a middle ground between believers and unbelievers.
God is this world’s chief weather-maker. The book of Job unequivocally states this fact: (Job 37:5-13).
Man thinks that having one or more “Earth Days” can circumvent or stop God’s will!
In the end, there is no safe place in this world, especially not for the non-believers. Earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, floods, explosions, tornadoes, wars, and human nature all keep us in constant peril. This planet is no longer that safe place of peace that God established for humanity at the Garden of Eden. This fallen world has forsaken its dominion to the enemy, so that despite what our leaders think, mankind is not in charge of anything – anymore! The good news is that God, and not man, remains in control!
God’s perfect Word has declared it: “. . . for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.” (Isaiah 26:9)
We can call it “climate change”, “Global Warming” or whatever we choose to call it, as long as we accept as a humanity that God, NOT mankind, is in control of the global weather patterns, and everything else. Eventually we shall all know – who is the Lord…