And why “Darwin’s Dilemma” persists today!
“The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.”
Robert Rite (9/25/16) – Breaking News: Science does not contradict ancient biblical scriptures and prophecies after all.
Despite how much modern science may want to dispel the biblical account as mere fantasy or myth, the laws of physics seem to actually confirm many of the biblical scriptures and prophecies foretold thousands of years before science even “evolved”!
In our mortal state it is impossible to fully comprehend the supernatural realm in all its dimensions. We may come up with many scientific theories in accord with the limits of our mental capacity, but in the final analysis they are just theories. Science produces many theories but a sparse number of facts, and even then, the facts for the most part magnify the Glory of God.
Indeed, it is amazing how many scientific theories actually support the biblical account, especially the most important ones, and that is the theme of this message.
Let me premise first with one of the biggest controversies (and lies) regarding the validity of the bible. First of all, the bible does NOT say that the heavens and the earth are just 6000 years old. The bible offers a roughly 6000 year record of the relationship between man and the Creator of the universe. This brief span of recorded time is referred to as the “age of man”.
1) The Earth can indeed be millions of years old
The world and the universe can indeed be billions of years old. “In the beginning” (Genesis 1:1) can refer to the beginning of “time”. So the creation of the universe can span infinity past. Genesis 1:2 states “the earth was without form and void”, and this can also allow for the earth to be millions of years old as science insists.
2) The Big Bang and the Light
When God said “Let there be Light” (Gen.1:3) who can argue that this was not a result of the “Big Bang” that scientists theorize without crediting the Almighty for having triggered that moment – perhaps billions of years ago?
Below are a few more biblical passages & prophecies followed by the scientific theories and evidence that support them:
3) Genesis 1:1 – “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”! Hebrews 11:3 tells us that the universe was framed by the word of God.
Scientific Evidence: Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity actually supports that the Universe as well as mass, energy and time all had a beginning, and he admitted that some “entity” must have been responsible for its beginning.
4) Genesis 1:26 – Then on the sixth day of creation after He had created all living creatures, God said, “let us make man in our own image…”
Scientific Evidence: The fossil record confirms that after man, no other new species appear in the fossil record!
5) Genesis 7:4 – “For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights…”
Scientific Evidence: Science supports the bible’s account of the great flood. 85% of the rock surface around the world is composed of sedimentary rock. This proves at one time the world was covered by water. Also, fossils of fish and other aquatic species have been discovered on mountain tops, indicating that they ended up there through a worldwide flood.
6) Isaiah 40:22 – “It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; He who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.”
Scientific Evidence: It took science almost 6,000 years to “discover” that the earth is NOT flat. Yet it was revealed in the Bible over 3,000 years ago! Obviously, the fathers of science also failed to study the ancient prophecies!
7) Isaiah 34:4 – “All the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled up like a scroll; all their host shall fall down as the leaf falls from the vine, and as fruit falling from a fig tree.”
Scientific Evidence: The Second law of Thermodynamics, and Einstein’s Theory of Relativity support that the Universe is not eternal; that it had a beginning and will have an end. Einstein’s theory showed that the universe is expanding and so it cannot be eternal.
8) Jeremiah 33:22 – “As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured…”
Scientific Evidence: Astronomers admit what the God of the bible declared thousands of years ago, that the number of stars in the universe cannot be counted by man.
9) Isaiah 40:12 – “Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, Measured heaven with a span And calculated the dust of the earth in a measure? Weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance?”
Scientific Evidence: Physicists admit that there must be a “force” that holds all the atoms together to keep the perfect balance of hydrogen, helium, oxygen and iron possible. For example, if this “force” was just 5% weaker then excessive Hydrogen in the air would make life on earth untenable. They confirm what we know, that the cosmos is all perfectly balanced by its creator God – whom they label as a “force”.
10) Job 28:25 – “To establish a weight for the wind, and apportion the waters by measure.”
Scientific Evidence: It was not until 1643 that Evangelista Torricelli invented the barometer under the theory that the air had weight!
11) Psalm 8:8 – “The birds of the air, and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.”
Scientific Evidence: In the 1800s Mathew Fontaine an Oceanographer, credited Psalm 8:8 as his inspiration to survey and chart the oceanic winds and currents!
12) Leviticus 15:13 – “…and bathe his body in running water; then he shall be clean.”
Scientific Evidence: It was not until the 1800’s that Pasteur and Koch published their findings indicating that medical doctors should stop washing their hands in a bowl of water as that would only spread germs and contaminate the patients. From then on doctors were instructed to wash their hands in running water; had they studied their bibles millions of patient lives would have been spared!
13) Leviticus 17:11 – “For the life of the flesh is in the blood.”
Scientific Evidence: The bible revealed thousands of years ago that physical life is in the blood. Did you know that George Washington died because his blood was drained to mortal levels in an effort to cure an illness! Back then they thought that draining blood could cure illnesses! Today of course modern science understands that life flows through the blood, and this is why blood tests reveal a person’s health and it helps secure a long life through regular examinations.
14) Proverbs 17:22 – A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
Scientific Evidence: We now know that laughter is actually good medicine, and God revealed this to us in the scriptures thousands of years ago.
15) Genesis 3:19 – “…For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.”
Scientific Evidence: Modern Scientists now theorize that man is made of dust, just like the stars. Hmmm…did a wise scientist read Genesis 3:19?
From the beginning mankind has attempted to separate church from state; God from government and science. Even the Israelites rejected God in exchange for an earthly king so that they could be like the other nations:
“And the Lord said to Samuel, “Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them.” 1 Samuel 8:7
But as much as man has tried, we just can’t keep God out of our lives, government or science – for science itself declare His glory! With every step we take and everywhere we turn we see the glory of God! In fact with every breath we take, we should remember His Holy name for He is our breath of life (Genesis 2:7) – He is our life force, and His breath in us is what makes us tick!
So let us thank God that despite what fallen man may wish (a total separation from God), that He does not leave us even when we turn our backs on Him! Be warned however that He will not extend His hand out indefinitely, but rejoice in knowing that a time is coming soon when even the unbelievers will know – who is the Lord! A time is coming soon when God will magnify Himself to all who have refused to magnify His Holy Name!