Salvation & Eternal life, although Priceless, is a free gift from God
How sad that many do not recognize and perhaps do not even appreciate such a grand and glorious opportunity.
Robert Rite (August 21, 2011): Many unfortunately believe that all we are and that all we have will evaporate upon our death, and that nothing persists after death.
So unwittingly, many believe as society reasons, that we need to enjoy all we can, as much as we can and to just get as much pleasure out of life and out of others while we can. This only leads to selfishness, vanity and eventually – emptiness. But this worldly attitude can all change starting today.
Certainly God wants us to get the most out of life, but we must do it with God as our center of thought, and as our source of strength and hope.
Being a saved Christian is not what the lost want you to think. It is GREAT! Jesus said that He came so we might have life and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
Many of us choose to try to make it all by ourselves without God. We are really just choosing the long disappointing way though life’s journey, rather than taking the short cut to happiness.
Once we become a believer in Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior all of our sins are washed away.
Because of Christ’s death at the cross, once we are saved we are now reborn spirit beings (2 Cor. 5:17), having attained the righteousness of God (2 Cor. 5:21) by faith in His completed work (Romans 3:21-22).
How Does a Saved Person Act?
Paul devoted much time to describing the appropriate response to the free gift of eternal life and it’s summed up as follows: “Only let us live up to what we’ve already attained” (Phil 3:16).
– Gratitude: We live up to this gift of gratitude by expressing every day of our remaining life a spirit of heartfelt gratitude.
– They avoid lust and things of the flesh: We must also let go of all of the Lusts of the heart. In Paul’s letter to Titus (Titus 3:3-7) he writes: “At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Once saved, all this has already been done for us and can never be taken away no matter what!
– We offer our bodies up to God, so that the Holy Spirit can dwell in us. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit in us. This is the spirit of love that dwells inside all of God’s saved children. Romans 12:1-2
– We will become the light and salt of the earth. We will become more tolerant, forgiving and generous. This Holy spirit that will dwell in us will have such a remarkable effect on our life that others will want to know what has happened to transform us. Our very life will become a witness to what God can do, and people will be drawn to us.
– We will not worry any more about how we’re going to get by, letting the Lord take care of everything for us (Matt. 6:25-34). God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:4-7).
– We will no longer fix our eyes on the temporary things we can see, but focus on the eternal things we can’t see instead (2 Cor. 4:17-18).
– At our jobs, we will give it our all, as if working for the Lord, since we know that we will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. (Colossians 3:23-24)
– We will not repay anyone evil for evil. Instead we will forgive our enemies and live at peace with everyone. (Romans 12:17-18)
– We will rejoice in the Lord always. Let your gentleness be evident to all. Love and meekness is a sign of weakness only to the unsaved and evil.
– We will maintain faith and peace in everything that happens to us because we know that God is working all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). God promises the saved a life of peace regardless of our circumstances.
– We devote ourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Let your conversation be always full of grace. (Colossians 4:2,6)
– We rejoice that we can engage the Creator in conversation any time it suits us; he’s never too busy for us. He’s always available to listen and help.
– We become generous in every occasion (2 Cor. 9:6-11). Be a cheerful giver. We are chartered to give and helping God distribute His endless resources to those in need.
– Our primary goal should be to please the Lord. When we delight ourselves in the Lord he will give us the desire of our heart (Psalm 37:4).
The Power of Christian Living
– We can resist the devil and he’ll flee from you. (James 4:7) Christians needn’t fear the devil because of the power we’ve been given. Jesus showed us how to do this in the wilderness temptations (Matt. 4:1-11). Using nothing but Scripture He whipped the devil. This same power is available to us. We just have to know the Bible well enough to activate it.
– We can literally move mountains (nothing is impossible when God is in us). (Mark 11:23-24)
– Each of us has been given spiritual gifts and we could use the power of our gifts to bless others and our community. Romans 12:1-8 tells us how to discover and use our gifts.
The Promise of Protection for Christians
– My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one” (John 10:27-30).
– We are equipped to resist and fight evil. We can put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (Ephes. 6:10-12).
Keep the faith! “I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.” -Revelation 3:11
So How Can You Attain Eternal Life?
Folks it all comes down to one thing, your choice and your will. God allows you to fully decide – there is no sword lingering over your neck!!! The freedom to choose is wonderful, but only if we choose wisely, so please: “Choose life!”……
“This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live” Deuteronomy 30:19
Salvation is so simple to achieve that “modern” man cannot accept or believe it. But I admonish you to believe it. It is not as hard as Satan and society wants you to believe. Of course you may be mocked by your unsaved friends and or family. But just like they mocked Noah, they will perish in there unbelief.
Unlike other false religions, God will not shove his doctrine down our throats. We can either accept him or reject him. The rewards and consequences are up to us. And God loves us so much that we may not even see any punishment this side of the clouds.
You see, when truth and true power persist – there is no need to FORCE a doctrine upon the masses!!!
If you do not feel that you are right with God, please take action right NOW and ask the Lord to come into your life today. God loves you dearly, and he stands ready at the door of your heart and knocks “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me” Revelation 3:20
To accept the Lord into your life, just pray: “Dear lord I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe that he is your only begotten son, and that he died on the cross for my sins. Please come into my life and guide all that I do, and bless the rest of my life through the blood of Jesus and your promises of the Holy spirit as revealed in the Holy Bible. Open my eyes that I may see, and open my ears that I may hear your Holy words in the Bible. Upon my belief in Jesus and acceptance of his death for my sins, I am saved. Thank you Lord”
F you have read this prayer, congratulations! Now you must build your faith and read the bible every day, from beginning to end – you might want to start with the Gospel of John as it is one of the easiest books to understand.
The Bible is God’s handbook for mankind. In it you will be blessed with great insight into who we are, who God is, who we are destined to become, what awaits us in Heaven, and much more. In the Bible, there is so much wisdom on dealing with all of life’s issues that this alone is well worth your time!
Also, find a good bible focused church to regularly attend. The fellowship with other Christians is necessary to develop your spiritual growth, and to keep us all accountable and focused.
Again, Congratulations, and keep your newfound faith! “I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.” -Revelation 3:11
God bless your journey, and trust only him !
To accept the Lord into your life, just pray:
“Dear lord, I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe that he is your only begotten son…and that he died on the cross for my sins. Please come into my life and guide all that I do, and bless the rest of my life through the blood of Jesus and your promises of the Holy spirit as revealed in the Holy Bible. Open my eyes that I may see, and open my ears that I may hear your Holy words in the Bible. Upon my belief in Jesus and acceptance of his death for my sins, I am saved. Thank you Lord”