A Malady Profoundly More Pervasive than the Ebola & Zika Virus!
Robert Rite (6/4/2016): There is a terrible pandemic that attacks the very soul of man today, and it is much more deadly than the most insidious of viruses known to man. Yet nobody seems to take notice or care. It has been prevalent since ancient times, but has never been as pervasive as today.
In time, it destroys the eyes and ears of the exposed. We read about it in the scriptures; SB stands for Spiritual Blindness. Viruses such as Ebola or Zika can cause death, But SB kills the soul and may lead to eternal death! It is truly a silent killer, entering through the mind and crippling the spirit and soul of its host. In this message:
1) I Alert you to the sinister danger of SB,
2) I provide the remedy for it.
3) I explain why it is a matter of life and death for you to inoculate yourself from it today!
The good news is that the cure is certain for those who inoculate themselves, and the really good news is that the cost for this priceless antidote is: FREE!
What is Spiritual Blindness (SB)?
When Jesus delivered His prophetic message to the seven churches in Rev. Chapters 2 and 3, He rebuked the church in Laodicea, the last church (which I believe represents the end time church), as being spiritually blind. Ironically, despite the church and city of Laodicea being spiritually blind, the city of Laodicea was famous for its eye salve which apparently was able to aid in preserving eyesight and health. So here we have a city able to heal the outer eye – yet it hosted a church with a congregation that was so spiritually blind!
In ancient times, God also rebuked the Israelites for being spiritually blind, and as a result of her idolatry, God caused the ears and eyes of Israel to be closed. God spoke judgment to Israel through the prophet Isaiah. In Is. 6:9-10 God instructs Isaiah to: “Go, and tell this people: ‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’ “Make the heart of this people dull and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and return and be healed.” (Also read Matt. 13:14-15).
This is most likely why the Jews did not recognize Jesus Christ as their Messiah at the time of His visitation (Matt. 13:14-15). Even today many if not most still cannot recognize His deity. This is why Jesus prophesied that they would endure much suffering and persecution until His return. Let’s read a few passages on this revelation:
Matthew 23:37-39: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you; you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”
Luke 19:43-44 – “For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”
Note: This prophecy has been so clearly fulfilled not just by the Roman armies when they leveled Jerusalem and its temple to the ground around 70 AD, but even today, Jerusalem and Israel are surrounded and closed in on all sides by her enemies; just as Messiah Jesus prophesied. Throughout the bible, the number 40 is the number of testing and judgment. For example, because of her disobedience, the children of Israel were forced to traverse the harsh wilderness for 40 years.
Within 40 years after Jesus spoke of Israel’s destruction because of her spiritual blindness (Luke 19:43-44), Jerusalem would lay in ruins and the Jews would be cast out of the Promised Land and scattered throughout the world for almost 1900 years.
The Roots of (SB) Spiritual Blindness
Spiritual blindness is the result of lack of divine wisdom and discernment, due to lack of knowledge of the word (Proverbs 2:1-6). It is an evolving malady. God warns us that His people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). When we lack knowledge of the truth we fall for the lies of the enemy, of the media and the leaders of this fallen world. When people reject the food of the word – the truth, they eventually reject God, and fall prey to the spirit of the enemy, which led to Lucifer’s downfall; arrogance and pride of heart.
Because they lack the truth, they eventually start believing that evil is good. In Isaiah 5:20 we read: “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
We are already witnessing this blinding spirit that deludes us into calling evil good. We tolerate and protect iniquity, blasphemy, and perversion, in the name of tolerance and political correctness. We have planted the seeds of the soon coming apocalypse, and most don’t even know or care – that my friend is the fruit of “spiritual blindness”!
How to Overcome Spiritual Blindness (SB)
1) Repent of any sin in your life. Unlike this world where confessing our sins may land us in jail, when we confess our sins to the Lord we are actually set free; free from the bondage of sin, which allows our spiritual eyes and ears to open up to the truth.
2) Seek daily wisdom and knowledge from the word of God. Just a few minutes a day will help to keep your mind and heart focused where it needs to be.
3) Maintain a humble spirit. God gives grace to the humble but resists the proud (James 4:6)
4) Pray for wisdom, knowledge and understanding, that God may light a fire in your heart that can only be quenched by the truth of His word.
Why should you Care?
1) Because we are that last generation which will experience the greatest test for mankind. Those who choose to remain spiritually blind will most likely succumb to the delusion of Satan, via his end time global government. These will worship the beast and take up his mark (and it does not have to be a physical mark), and will immediately have their names blotted out of the Book of Life (Rev. 13:8).
2) Because Jesus has the antidote for SB! He is the light of the world that allows the spiritually blind to finally SEE (John 8:12)!
3) Because Jesus is the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob except through Him (John 14:1).
4) Because you want your name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life (Rev. 3:5; Rev. 20:15); it is a one way ticket to the Paradise of God! Those written in this book will only experience the first death (also referred to as the first resurrection – read Rev. 20:4-6) and NOT the second death. If your name is missing and or has been blotted out of the Book of Life, then you have a one way ticket to the Lake of Fire (read below).
5) Because Jesus is He who holds the keys to Hades and Death (Rev. 1:18). In other words there is a day coming when those who did not believe in Him, nor accepted His gift of eternal life by His sacrifice at the cross, those will stand before the Great White Throne Judgment of God. There are 2 judgments revealed in Revelation; you do NOT want to be at this 2nd Judgment, because this judgment leads to the Lake of Fire (Rev. 20:15).
6) Because those of us written in the “Lamb’s Book of Life” will stand before the “Bema Seat of Christ” (Rev. 20:4-6; 2 Cor. 5:10). This is a judgment for all believers, but one that determines which crown or crowns (rewards) you will receive in Paradise! This is the line you want to stand behind!
7) Because Jesus LOVES You; He stands at the door of our heart and knocks, and all you have to do to receive Him is to open up and ask Him to come into your heart and life (Rev. 3:20)! Jesus does NOT want any soul to perish; He will accept you as broken as you are! In fact God seeks those with a broken heart or spirit, over the prideful heart (James 4:6)!
To those who open the door to Christ and overcome, I close with one of the most wonderful promises straight from the coming Messiah:
“He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.” Rev. 3:5
Your fellow servant signs out.