Although many believe they’ll be Raptured before the “Day of the Lord’s Anger” (Armageddon)
here are some steps to take – just in case
Robert Rite (9/11/2016) – With all of the natural and man-made disasters that we have been experiencing these days I wanted to write about steps that we can all take just in case we are “left behind“, and just some basic disaster preparedness steps that we should all take.
Many Christians believe that they will be raptured, so that they will be whisked to heaven and safety just before the apocalypse begins. But then there are many other Christians who believe that the rapture occurs at the 7th Trumpet – just before the Lord’s return; and after the great tribulation has destroyed many souls and much of the earth. We are not going to solve that mystery today – that is another message for another day. Instead, let’s address today how to be prepared for any scenario.
Should we Prepare for the Coming Apocalypse?
The good book does advise us all that we must heed the warnings for the time of the end, and that even though we do not know the day or the hour – that we should be prepared at all times for the imminent return of the Lord (Matt. 24:44). Although the establishment likes to mockingly label the prudent who establish provisions for the inevitable as peppers, extremists, survivalists and the like; we know better – right?
We know that we are getting closer every day, and the more we observe all of the chaos, moral decay, and corruption around us, the more we should realize it is getting very close.
It is not just the coming “apocalypse” that we need to be prepared for. If anything, it is just plain common sense to prepare for a potential escalation of record breaking disasters such as Super Storm Sandy in 2012 in the northeast, which left many people unprepared; without electricity, and some others suddenly homeless. Many others would have to wait on long gas lines hoping that the gas station would not run out of gas before it was their turn to fill up. Because the storm crippled some gas refineries and supply lines, many gas stations had no gas to sell. Fortunately, the disaster was not so great as to affect the food distribution network. So yes, even in America we are all vulnerable and should be prepared.
The prophecies in the book of Revelation clearly indicate that in the last 7 years before the Lords return, natural and man-made disasters will lead to the death of at least one third of the earth’s population. It foretells of famines (disease, hunger), global food shortages, numerous catastrophes and a global economic collapse. Regarding the later, the low to negative interest rate environment of today should already serve as a warning of a coming major economic storm!
How can we Prepare?
Certainly, it is prudent to maintain an ample supply of most of the following:
1) an ample supply of water,
2) medical supplies,
3) long shelf life food stocks,
4) toiletries (such as soap, toothpaste, TP,)
5) essential household items (such as plastic utensils, paper plates, ample supply of plastic trash bags)
6) Alternative energy and lighting items such as batteries, flashlights, candles, matches,
7) Propane stove and related off-grid cooking equipment
8) Thermal blankets, tent, sleeping bag, water decontamination filters/tablets, shovel, ropes, duck tape and related survival gear
9) Some gold and silver as an alternate currency and bartering exchange vehicle
10) Low denomination currency such as $20 bills in case ATM machines are out of commission.
Here are Additional Suggestions for when you have time to prepare for an upcoming event:
11) Fill up your car’s gas tank, in case you need to evacuate or for gas shortages.
12) Charge your cell phone to max capacity in case you lose phone service.
13) In case of a Hurricane or flooding, seal the bottom portion of doors to prevent water from entering (use water proof sealants rubber or foam. Even towels and rags work as well).
14) Remove valuables from direct exposure to windows, in case a window is compromised.
15) Buy a portable radio with plenty of batteries to keep up with the news in case the power goes out. Today you can even buy solar powered radios and related devices.
16) In case of a severe storm or Hurricane, disconnect major appliance to prevent damage in case of power surges.
17) Plan to have at least seven days minimum supply of nonperishable food (such as canned foods)
18) 1 each – Non-Electric can opener
19) A whistle, or other type of alarm sounding device for alerting rescue teams of your location
20) Cold weather clothing and gear (where applicable)
21) Waterproof and weather-proof clothing
22) Make copies of all important documents (i.e. SS card, Birth Certificate, passport, bank and investment statements, credit card numbers, driver’s license, etc.)
23) Spare eyeglass/contact lens and supplies
24) Prepare as if we were planning for a camping trip – an extended one
The list above is by no means a complete list, but it should serve you well. Your budget and storage capacity can determine how much provisions you may consider.
Keep in mind however that during the apocalypse, food will be so scarce, or controlled and rationed that no amount of money or bartering stuff, can substitute for food items!
The purpose here is not to scare you or make you feel hopeless. My goal is actually to make you feel unprepared – so that you GET PREPARED!
Why must there be an Apocalypse?
You see, mankind has placed its faith on mortal man – their kings, rulers, presidents and the prince of this earth (Satan), rather than the true God – the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for the solutions to all the chaos and storms coming. Mankind wants a king to protect them from “climate change” with natural solutions; when the phenomenon is NOT global warming but rather God’s warning allowing so called “mother earth” to heat up in preparation of what is to come!
Has the “Day of the Lord’s Anger Arrived?
Mankind has already chosen its god; the battle lines have already been drawn. So Almighty God has removed His hedge of protection and blessings from the nations and its kings. These are the last days whether we want to accept it or not; the Day of the Lord’s anger (Armageddon) is imminent.
The Lord has declared that this day is coming; and most assuredly it will:
“Surely it is coming, and it shall be done,” says the Lord God. “This is the day of which I have spoken.” Ezekiel 39:8
The sovereign God knew that the last generation (our generation) would for the most part reject Him, and choose the prince of this world; whether intentionally/knowingly or not. Their lack of knowledge of the truth has made them vulnerable to the lies of the enemy and the global media that disseminate the lie. This is why God declared through His prophet Jeremiah the following:
“…for the Lord has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.” Jeremiah 7:29
But when is too Much Prepping too Little?
Some folks out there are really prepared in case they are left behind. They build underground shelters and bunkers, fortify their homes with bullet proof doors and windows; they buy assault rifles and many rounds of bullets. And they have a great sense of security; but have they left their soul exposed? All the earthly security that money can buy is worthless if we forget to also guard our soul.
You do not have to take such extreme measures. You should only feel hopeless if you have not set your heart right with the creator of the universe. The reason all of these disasters are escalating in these last days is because God is trying to get our attention and to save as many souls as possible and get more people to realize their mistake and seek the only true God who can protect them through His sacrifice.
The Most Important Step to take Right Now
Although it is wise to store provisions for the unknown, these items will all eventually be “left behind”, either for someone else to enjoy or it will turn to dust like us. There is only one thing that we get to keep forever – our soul. Let’s make sure that we purchase the right ticket out of planet earth; the ticket that was purchased on our behalf by the blood of Jesus Christ. That is the only prepping that we really need to do and the only thing that really matters this side of heaven. The master explains it quite succinctly…
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21
Is your heart in the right place? If so, then perhaps you can be sheltered; either by a rapture or some other supernatural manifestation, on the coming “Day of the Lord’s Anger”
“Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth, who have observed His ordinances. Seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be sheltered in the day of the Lord’s anger.” Zephaniah 2:3
So be Prepared, stay informed; seek the Lord!