Discover 7 key Prophecies that Unlock the Identity of
Mystery Babylon the Great
“Babylon the Great is Fallen, is Fallen!”
Robert Rite 3/11/2017 – In the passage above (Rev. 18:2) the word fallen is repeated twice, this is because this prophecy foretells one of the most important end time events. In this message I will provide some updated comments on one of the greatest end time mysteries – the identity of “Mystery Babylon the Great“ described in Rev. Ch. 17 & 18, and Jer. Ch. 50 & 51.
Let’s begin by clearing up a very important point which will help eliminate some confusion. Many prophecies have dual application, meaning that they may apply to different nations, and peoples throughout this age. This is why some people think that Mystery Babylon refers to Old Babylon, when in fact it applies to a future end time nation and system referred to as Mystery Babylon the Great. Also keep in mind that most modern nations and weapons did not exist at the time that the ancient prophecies were penned, so the prophets sometimes had to use strange symbols when describing end time visions and scenes. That said, let’s start by first addressing why Babylon the Great is not ancient Babylon.
Why is Babylon the Great not Ancient Babylon
Ancient Babylon was a very influential empire in her time. She was full of culture that worshiped many false gods. Her empire reigned for about 300 years reaching her apex around 600 BC. She was located in the area known today as Iraq. She was invaded and conquered by the Medo-Persian Empire (Achaemenid Empire) around 539 BC. So ancient Babylon cannot be Mystery Babylon the Great since the former’s identity has long been known as the Babylonian Empire.
Also, Revelation Chapter 18 reveals that “Babylon the great“ will be destroyed by fire in just one hour and she will never be inhabited again. Although the Babylonian Empire was conquered by the Medes and Persians in one night, she was never totally destroyed and uninhabitable. In fact, the area remains inhabited today as modern day Iraq.
Why Babylon the Great is not Rome or the Vatican
First, an inanimate entity such as a religious system cannot be destroyed in one hour by fire as described in Revelation 18:8, and many other passages. Secondly, Revelation 17:18 reveals that the woman riding the beast (Babylon the Great) is that “great city“ which reigns over the kings (nations) of the earth. The “Holy Roman Empire” never reigned over the entire earth (just parts of Europe). If anything, the Vatican may become part of the end time global religion headed by the false prophet.
While Rome was a great empire at one time, today she is not, neither militarily or financially. As we will review, the nation described as Babylon the Great in Revelation 18 is most definitely NOT the Rome of these last days.
Is Babylon the Great the “Beast Kingdom”?
No! Although Babylon the Great may be instrumental in establishing or enabling the creation of the end time Beast kingdom which will be controlled by the antichrist and false prophet (read Rev. Ch. 13), she cannot be the latter, because the latter will conspire to destroy Mystery Babylon (read Rev. 17:16).
NOTE: By the way Babylon the Great is NOT New York City because the former is much more powerful and influential than NYC – as we will review.
Is She Symbolic of an End Time Global System?
The prophecies do not line up with that theory either. Mystery Babylon is NOT symbolic of the end time Babylonian system because in Rev. 18:4 God warns His people to “escape” Babylon the Great. How can you escape a global system? You can only escape a nation or region, and we will discuss that theory next.
Who is Mystery Babylon the Great?
I do not understand why so many bible and prophecy scholars have such a hard time understanding the identity of Babylon the Great. To me it seems to be as clear as night and day!
Mystery Babylon the Great is a great nation which, like an empire, reins over all the earth at the time of the end. Just like ancient Babylon, she will seduce the world with her culture, military and economic prowess. She will be an extremely wealthy nation. She will be neutralized by the coming global government controlled by the man of perdition; the antichrist.
Mystery Babylon the Great is referred by several names:
– That Great City
– Daughter of Babylon
– Mystery Babylon the Great
– The Harlot
– the Whore
– She is also symbolically described as a “Woman riding the Beast“.
Let’s now review seven key passages that help to clearly identify this great end time nation.
1) At the time of the end, the world will be greatly influenced by Babylon the Great (see Rev. 18:3). Which nation is the most influential on earth today? I would say America, wouldn’t you?
2) Which nation in 2017 is still the wealthiest on earth? Clearly America still fits that bill.
Let’s Read Rev. 18:3b
“…and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”
3) In Rev. 18:7 she boasts: “I sit as a queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.”
Our representatives in Washington are consistently boasting that America is “the greatest nation on earth?”
4) What nation today is the greatest importer of goods in the world, which has made many nations rich? America by far! Let’s read the passage:
“…that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.” Revelation 18:19
Note that most goods today get to America by “ships on the sea“!
5) Revelation 17:18 reveals that the woman riding the beast (Babylon the Great) is that “great city” which reigns over the kings (nations) of the earth. Since the end of WW2 America has remained the leader of the West and most powerful nation on earth – wouldn’t you agree?
6) Which nation could be referred to as the “Hammer of the Whole Earth”? America remains the most powerful nation on in 2017, and Jer. 50:23 equates Babylon as the “hammer of the whole earth”.
7) America is the most innovative nation with the most patent grants, with great technological minds like Gates, Jobs, Page, and Zuckerberg not to mention our history of legendary industrialists, inventors, and GREAT Corporations. This is exactly what the following prophecy reveals about Mystery Babylon:
“For your merchants were the great men of the earth”
NOTE: How interesting that in these last days we have a new President in America that ran on the slogan: “Make America GREAT again“. Coincidence that he said that, at a time when all prophecies seem to point to America as “Babylon the GREAT“? Coincidence or a Prophetic Clue?
How is Babylon the Great Destroyed
Some pastors express concern that America does not appear in the end time prophecies. This of course is because they fail to see the connection between the USA and Mystery Babylon.
Some surmise that perhaps America collapses from within due to civil strife, anarchy, economic collapse, an asteroid impact, or an EMP attack. Although all of these scenarios could also come to play, the prophecies are clear that if America is indeed Babylon the Great as the aforementioned prophecies seem to confirm, then the following passages foretell of a sudden destruction and not a protracted one. And the destruction is by fire, possibly caused by a nuclear exchange. Let’s read 7 passages that appear to support this scenario:
1) Rev. 17:16 – “And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire“.
2) Rev. 18:8b – “…And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her”.
3) Rev. 18:10 – “… standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.’
4) Rev. 18:17a – “ For in one hour such great riches came to nothing”.
5) Rev. 18:18 – “ and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great city?”
6) Rev. 18:17b – “Every shipmaster, all who travel by ship, sailors, and as many as trade on the sea, stood at a distance.”
7) Rev. 18:19 – “They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.”
Note: From passages 6 and 7 above it is clear that Mystery Babylon, like America, is surrounded by many waters, because the merchants all reach her by sea.
Also NOTE that these sea fairing merchants all keep their distance for fear of sharing in her torment. Could this be for fear of fallout from radiation.
When this great nation is destroyed the entire world will immediately spiral into a global economic, social, and environmental collapse. Great famines and disease will ensue due to enormous shortages of food caused by the nuclear dust clouds and related calamities.
The fall of the premier global end time superpower and ensuing global systemic collapse, will allow the end time global dictatorship (the beast kingdom) prophesied by the ancients to step in and take hold. After all, Rev. 17:16 reveals that it is the ten lead nations that make up the end time Beast Kingdom that destroys Babylon the great so that it can seize global power.
Let me close with the following eerie observation that I have made in 2017, and sorry, there is no good news here either except that we are getting very close to the second coming of the Lord.
1) Ancient Babylon was seized by the Medo- Persian empire which today is the area of Iran including the area of Southern Russia, among other nations
2) Jeremiah 50:9 and Jer. 51:11 foretells that Babylon the Great will also be destroyed by a horde of nations which includes nations from the same area of the Medo-Persian Empire!
3) And today, Russia which currently has a stronghold in the Middle East (in Syria), has become Iran’s greatest ally in these latter days! Most prophecy scholars agree that they are listed in Ezekiel 38 as two of the nations that invade Israel at the battle of Armageddon! Friends, a major end time sign is being fulfilled right before our very eyes!
NOTE: This article is an excerpt from Robert Rite’s book “Babylon the Great is Fallen; is Fallen“.
I believe that Mystery Babylon has been unveiled for you today, because we are that last generation that will witness the fulfillment of all these things! So get prepared, be informed, and seek the Lord – Subscribe below!