Ten examples of what has happened when kingdoms and nations have tried to divide up God’s land
“…And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land“ Joel 3:2
Robert Rite (10/23/2016): Thousands of years ago, during the time of Moses, just before the Exodus, Egypt – the then most powerful kingdom on earth, suffered 10 plagues because Pharaoh who did not know the God of Moses, refused to let God’s people (the Hebrews) come out of Egyptian slavery. Keep that in mind as we journey back from time – to our time today.
On August 23, 2005, as part of a United States of America brokered “land for peace” agreement, Jewish settlers and home owners living in Gaza protested and cried for mercy as they were being forcibly evacuated and dragged out of their city, as bulldozers levied their homes.
Within one week of the infamous forced “Land for Peace” evacuation of Gaza, 1.5 million people had to evacuate their homes ahead of a dangerous storm. Hurricane Katrina slammed into New Orleans on Aug. 29th 2005 killing approximately 1,900 souls, destroying or damaging 800,000 homes and becoming the costliest hurricane in United States history at $108 billion in damages. To this day it remains the costliest hurricane in American history. The world watched in horror and pity as the “greatest” nation on earth struggled helplessly for 8 days trying to reach the dead, and rescue the stranded, as thousands of victims protested and cried for mercy. Do you see a connection here – is it just coincidence?
By the way, no peace ever resulted from the Gaza “land for peace” deal. In fact, it only resulted in a vacuum which was quickly occupied by the terrorist group Hamas, allowing them a home base from which it could lob missiles at Israel – at will. Land for Peace? Yeah right!
Coincidence or not, in this message I highlight several other examples of why it is NOT a good idea for the nations to try to divide up the tiny parcel of land called Jerusalem, and greater Israel – a land area that the Sovereign God of the Universe called His own, and declared that He would place His name on this Holy land forever. Let’s read:
“And to his son I will give one tribe, that My servant David may always have a lamp before Me in Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen for Myself, to put My name there.” 1 Kings 11:36
Let’s see what has happened recently when the nations have tried to divide up God’s land – the land of Israel?
Many have still not made the connection between meddling with God’s land and disasters – especially the kings and Presidents of this fallen world. Some still claim that it is just coincidence. So I leave it to you to decide if the following is just coincidence or God’s repeated warnings.
1) On March, 1979 – President Jimmy Carter signed the Camp David accord, between Anwar Sadat of Egypt and Menachem Begin of Israel. This was the first of a series of Land for peace initiatives by US Presidents. As would always be the case, Israel was pressured into withdrawing from land that she had rightfully annexed as a result of victories against invading armies. In this case Egypt wanted Israel to surrender the Sinai, West bank and Gaza which of course Israel rejected as this would leave her vulnerable to more invasions by her hostile neighbors.
– On November 4th, 1979 Iran took over the US Embassy in Tehran – a siege that lasted for the remainder of Carter’s administration – and that scarred his legacy. A couple of years later on 10/6/1981 Anwar Sadat is assassinated. Coincidence?
2) On Oct. 30, 1991, President George H.W. Bush signed the Oslo Accord pressuring Israel to give up “land for peace.”
– The next day, one of the strongest storms in the North Atlantic erupted. It was called “the perfect storm”. When it slammed into New England it caused over $100 million in damages, and a 30 foot wave just happened to demolish the home of President George H.W. Bush at Kennebunkport, Maine! Coincidence?
3) Just one year later on Aug. 23, 1992, President George H.W. Bush brazenly resumed pressuring Israel with the Madrid “land for peace” agreement – this time he changed the location and name of accord to see if that would help.
– Hurricane Andrew slammed into Florida that same day. At the time, it was the most destructive hurricane in United States history, causing $30 billion in damages, and destroying over 180,000 homes. Coincidence?
4) On Jan. 16, 1994, President Bill Clinton met with Syria’s President Hafez el-Assad to discuss Israel giving up the Golan Heights area in return for “lasting peace” (LOL).
– Within 24 hours or so a 6.9 earthquake devastated the Northridge, California area. Coincidence?
5) On Sept. 28, 1998, President Clinton met with Yasser Arafat and Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House to discuss another grand “land for peace” agreement – this time requiring Israel to surrender just 13 percent of the West Bank and Gaza.
Within a day or so, Hurricane Georges slammed into the Gulf Coast causing $1 billion in damages. Coincidence?
6) On Oct. 15, 1998, Yasser Arafat and Benjamin Netanyahu met in Maryland to continue the same discussion on giving up 13 percent of the West Bank and Gaza in exchange for “peace.”
– Two days later, severe tornadoes hit Texas leaving $1 billion in damages.
7) On Dec. 12, 1998, Desperate to leave a “nice legacy” for himself, President Bill Clinton arrived in the Palestinian area to discuss Israel giving up more “land for peace.”
– Within one week President Bill Clinton would be impeached, one of just two Presidents ever impeached (Nixon resigned before he was impeached). Coincidence?
8) On May 3, 1999, under US pressure, Yasser Arafat had scheduled a press conference to announce a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as the capital.
– The same week, a series of powerful tornadoes ripped through much of the central and parts of the Eastern United States, including the huge F5 Oklahoma Tornado.
9) On June 8, 2001, apparently unperturbed over the consequences of his father’s past attempts, President George W. Bush, proposed his “roadmap to peace” which of course required Israel to give up land. They love that word “peace”, don’t they?
– The same day, tropical Storm Allison hit Bush’s home state Texas causing $7 billion in damage and closing “George Bush Airport” for two days. Coincidence?
10) 23 August 2005 Bush Junior succeeded in the aforementioned Gaza expulsion of Jews out of that city. But as noted it coincided with the Hurricane Katrina calamity.
– within 5 months of signing onto the Gaza accord, Ariel Sharon, Prime Minister of Israel sadly suffered a stroke that left him in a coma until his death 8 year later in 2014. Coincidence?
That’s Ten times! Remember that number.
The Nations Just Can’t Seem to Keep their hands off of God’s Land
Throughout history, God’s land which He gave to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as an inheritance, has been invaded and occupied by many nations, including the following nations/empires with approximate dates:
597 B.C. – Babylonian Empire
63 B.C. Roman Empire
390 A.D. Byzantine Empire
614 A.D. Sassanid Persians
635 A.D. Umayyad Caliphate
750 A.D. Abbasid Caliphate
909 A.D. Fatimid Caliphate
1071 A.D. Seljuk Turks
1099 A.D. Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem
1187 A.D. Ayyubid Sultanate
1260 A.D. Mongolian Empire
1291 A.D. Mamluk Sultanate of Egypt
1517 A.D. Ottoman Sultanate
1660 A.D. Druze Dynasty
1799 A.D. French (Napoleon)
1844 A.D. Tanzimat (Ottoman Empire)
1864 A.D. Ottoman Vilayet of Syria
1917 A.D. – Britain issued the Balfour Declaration calling for a Jewish homeland.
1918 – Britain captured Jerusalem
How did it work out for the Empires?
Influenced by the prince of darkness, the major kingdoms throughout this age have tried to conquer Israel and or wipe out the Jewish race. Let’s see how it panned out for a few of them:
– Assyria tried and failed – and they are no more.
– Egypt tried to destroy the Israelis and their army became fish food in the Red Sea!
– The Babylonians tried and to this day Old Babylon still lies in ruins.
– Rome tried to crush them and their Empire eventually collapsed.
– The Byzantines tried and also failed.
– Adolf Hitler and NAZI Germany tried to exterminate the Jews and he ended up exterminating himself in 1945 amidst a Germany that lay in rubble.
– The USSR martyred and oppressed many Jews and their regime collapsed.
All of the empires above messed with tiny Israel, only to disappear themselves! But Israel re-emerged in 1948 and today has one of the most powerful military in the world, despite it’s relatively tiny size.
Why does everybody seem to want to divide and or destroy Israel and the Jews
This one is not a mystery at all. God has placed His name in Jerusalem (1 Kings 11:36) and Satan hates God, His people and land. So Satan has influenced the nations into hating the woman (Israel) and destroying her so that God’s redemption plan for humanity might be spoiled (Revelation 12).
Lessons From Time Immemorial
So at the beginning of this message we saw how Pharaoh tested God ten times by messing with the children of Israel. And we have just reviewed ten cases where the Pharaohs of the 20th and 21st century have also tested God ten times by messing with His people and His land.
By the way, the children of Israel also tested God ten times in the wilderness, after He brought them out of Egypt. It did not go well for them either. Instead of entering directly into the Promised Land – they wandered aimlessly in the desert for 40 years until the generation that transgressed against the Lord perished in the wilderness. Let’s read:
Numbers 14:22-23 “…because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice, they certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers.”
Numbers 14:29-31 “The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above…you shall by no means enter the land which I swore I would make you dwell in. But your little ones, whom you said would be victims, I will bring in, and they shall know the land which you have despised.”
Like Pharaoh of Egypt and the children of Israel, Our fearless leaders have now tested the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob at least ten times. Pharaoh’s number was up at ten. The Children of Israel’s number was also up at ten. Let’s pray for our nation that her number is not up at ten as well!
I trust that you have found this message insightful. If you have, please feel free to share it. Until my next message, your fellow servant signs out.